Of the 50 percent clean energy share, 44 percent shall be based on renewable energy, and six percent will be nuclear energy.The United Nations, NGOs and the Red Cross are on the ground and are distributing newborn baby kits, maternity kits, educational supplies and other items, Dujarric said. They are also helping children who have been separated from their families.According to the agreement, Ukraine and Turkey will also strengthen cooperation to combat migrant smuggling, human trafficking, cybercrime, money laundering, drug trafficking, and transnational organized crime."We are in Beijing and we are getting orders, we have got orders for flowers, fish, greens and cassava," Twineyo said.
- Britain claims they were exposed to a nerve agent and holds Russia responsible. The Russian government has denied any involvement in the incident.
- ABU DHABI, Jan. 16 (Xinhua) -- China has played an important role in supporting the future energy mix strategy of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the UAE Minister of Energy and Industry Suhail Al-Mazrouei said Tuesday.
- "We feel bittersweet because we love Bei Bei, but I'm also very proud of him and the fact that we've been able to raise up a very healthy and happy cub who's going to go and become part of the breeding program," Steven Monfort, director of the Smithsonian's National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute, told reporters on Tuesday.
- China has previously donated a 110-KV generator set, television screens, video cameras and training of Interpol officers to help build their capacity.
- "U.S. Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) has imposed a denial of export privileges against Zhongxing Telecommunications Equipment Corporation (ZTE Corporation), of Shenzhen, China," it said in a statement.
LONDON, Jan. 26 (Xinhua) -- The number of people who died within 28 days of a positive coronavirus test in Britain has surpassed 100,000 after another 1,631 have been confirmed, according to official figures released Tuesday."A monetary policy strategy must find a way to combine incoming data and a model of the economy with a healthy dose of judgment and humility to formulate and then communicate a path for the policy rate most consistent with our policy objectives," he said.The dollar index, which measures the greenback against six major peers, was down 0.34 percent at 98.3151 in late trading.
He invited the G20 leaders to a UN climate summit in New York in September 2019.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott, who is part of the delegation that is in San Francisco on a trade promotion tour this week, said the Lone Star State, a nickname of Texas, is the "ultimate destination for economic success" for Californian companies and businesses.In this sense, Atrous said it is an illegal decision as well as an aggression emanating from an international system that based on lies and banditry.
Players of Luxembourg's Dudelange line up for group photo before a UEFA Europa League Group A match between Azerbaijan's Qarabag and Luxembourg's Dudelange in Baku, Azerbaijan, Dec 12, 2019. (Photo by Tofik Babayev/Xinhua)Authorities from Mexico and the United States met in Tijuana on Friday to coordinate plans prior to the arrival of massive caravans of Central American migrants.
Shortly after the opening bell, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 33.89 points, or 0.14 percent, to 24,958.78. The S&P 500 increased 0.12 points, or less than 0.01 percent, to 2,798.41. The Nasdaq Composite Index increased 2.87 points, or 0.04 percent, to 7,826.79.
Facebook announced its Libra plan last month in a white paper, a move that instigated a burst of skepticism from government officials. Senior officials have weighed in recently as well.
The UAE is the first Gulf country to forge a strategic partnership with China. In recent years, bilateral cooperation has enjoyed comprehensive, result-oriented, efficient and rapid development.
Perry, the former governor of Texas, has drawn scrutiny for his role in the administration's alleged efforts to pressure Ukraine to launch investigations that could benefit Trump politically, which are at the center of a Democratic-led impeachment inquiry into Trump.HOUSTON, Jan. 27 (Xinhua) -- U.S. southern city of New Orleans will ease some of its COVID-19 restrictions after COVID-19 cases declined for three consecutive weeks, an official said on Wednesday.
- With the same 2-1 record as Spain and Japan, Belgium grabbed the top spot in the group due to a superior points difference. Belgium showed why they were in the World Cup as they took a 39-32 lead into halftime. Leading by 15 points heading into the final period, Belgium didn't seem challenged, as Spain never came closer than seven points for the rest of the match. Kim Mestdagh managed 21 points for Belgium. Meesseman, who played in the WNBA, finished with 19 points and the decisive layup.
- The typhoon is expected to circle offshore before reaching western coastal areas of Guangdong. Downpours have been forecast in west Guangdong and cities in the Pearl River Delta from Monday night to Thursday.
- Those actions include the expansion and acceleration of illegal settlement activities in the occupied West Bank, including East Jerusalem, as well as ongoing demolitions and seizures of Palestinian-owned property and evictions.
- During their meeting on Wednesday, the two leaders discussed "the latest developments concerning the conflict in eastern Ukraine and in the areas of the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov," Stephane Dujarric, the spokesperson, said in a statement.
- KIEV, Aug. 22 (Xinhua) -- Ukraine is considering building a new bridge on the border with Moldova to boost regional connectivity, Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Volodymyr Kistion said Wednesday.The show was in commemoration of the 40th anniversary of the art troupe's first visit to China. Over the years, the art troupe has visited China for 31 times. It has also invited Chinese dancers, musicians and other artists to perform in the United States."We look forward to working alongside the world's leading free zone and connecting the Wuhan business community to exciting growth markets through the global hub of Dubai," Zhang said.
- As previous studies showed, people who have higher nicotine metabolite ratios are likely to smoke more, thus they would have more difficulty in giving up smoking.WASHINGTON, March 19 (Xinhua) -- Over the past decade, high-speed railways have developed rapidly in China, the speed, convenience and comfortability of which have become quite appealing to passengers from all over the world, including many from the United States.
- Despite the recent market turbulence, the Fed still held that overall vulnerabilities in the U.S. financial system remain moderate on balance.